Frequently Asked Questions
How to reset my password?
Go to menu click logout, click forget password > Enter your registered mobile number > Click get OTP to verify the OTP > Enter your new password click submit. Now login with your new password.
How can I sync Google Fit/Apple Health to UCare?
• In the Devices tab, click on Google Fit & install the Google Fit app.
• Setup your Google Fit account.
• Open the UCare app on the Devices tab click on Google Fit > Connect.
• Choose your account used in Google Fit to allow all the permission.
• If you are an iPhone user Apple Health will prompt you when you log in for the first time.
• Click Turn on All Categories then click Allow at the top right.
How can I sync Fitbit to UCare?
• In the Device Tab, Click on Fitbit & install the Fitbit app.
• Setup your Fitbit account in the Fitbit app.
• In the device, tab click Fitbit > Connect.
• Log in to your Fitbit account, change 1 day to 1 year, allow all the permissions, and click the Allow button.
How can I register the ECG Device?
• In the Device tab, click on SanketLife > Register.
• Make sure your phone bluetooth is turned on.
• Click the button on the ECG Device to pair
How can I Upgrade the package?
Click on the menu on the top left, click on the Upgrade button. Enter your Kit ID or buy a package online at www.ucare.co.in/plans
How to call for an Ambulance?
• Go to the UCare Health app.
• Press the Ambulance icon.
• Press the ‘Call Ambulance” button.
What is 24/7 Dial a Doctor?
• Our Dial a Doctor service provides medical teleconsultation on an emergency basis only.
• Doctors can prescribe OTC drugs only.
• Once you dial the command center you will be connected to the relevant doctor depending on your problem.
What is In-person safety?
• Activate In-person safety by pressing the 'In-person safety' icon then pressing the 'Call Safety' and talk to our UCare helper.
• Send SOS alerts to your loved ones at the press of a button.
• Alert your emergency contacts with location details.
• In-person and on-ground safety response for senior citizens as part of the subscription package.
What is Help Me?
• HelpMe Button – 24x7 Response to any distress situation.
• In an emergency, just activate the HelpMe button in our app and get Immediate Response. Our Mobile App automatically identifies your location and connects you within seconds to our Response Centre, whilst simultaneously sending out an alert with your location coordinates to the nearest field responder. Our response center will also coordinate with any third-party assistance or requisite government authorities depending on the emergency.
What is Assist Me?
• Assist Me is our quick response and immediate assistance service! For your urgent critical needs at the odd hour - we aim to provide on-ground assistance!
∘ Between 10:00 PM to 6:00 AM
∘ Doctor at home
∘ Medicine at home
∘ Roadside assistance
• Charges for the usage of any external services like Hospitals, Doctors, Mechanics, any other third-party services, etc. are not included in the package and are to be borne directly.
What is Book a ride?
• App-based transportation companies like Uber/Ola are now available through our call center at the click of a button.
• This facility is designed to give senior citizens the ability to be ‘on the go’ without having to worry about the complexities of planning for transportation.
• The service is available only if you are above 60 years of age.
How do I invite friends?
• It’s easy to invite your friends and family on the UCare app just click the menu button on the top left click Invite friends this will give you an option to use different platforms to share your invite code with your friend.
How do I use UCare coins?
• Just visit the UCare Store and redeem your coins for vouchers & gifts.
• Kindly check the Terms & Condition and Instructions of the offer before redeeming it.
Are Ambulance services available in these plans?
Ambulance services are available on demand – however are chargeable on actuals
Do I have access to doctors 24x7?
No, there is however, the facility to schedule a doctor appointment
Can I order medicines from anywhere and get a discount?
No…all medicines ordered via the UCare app automatically have a discounted price
Do I have to go to a diagnostic center to avail of a discount?
While you are welcome to schedule an appointment with the lab using the UCare app, you are also entitled to free home sample collection services in most of the cities in India
Who is the Insurance company offering the insurance cover?
The COVID Care Insurance cover (the “Policy”) is an open benefit policy provided by Religare Health Insurance Company Limited (the “Insurer”). The Master Policy is held by TransAsia Ventures Pvt Ltd under Master Policy Number 17303172.
The Insured members should be the existing customers of Master Policy Holder.
What is the scope of cover?
Treatment expenses incurred due to COVID-19 on being tested positive or being quarantined in a government identified screening ward/isolation facility for suspected COVID post first screening
What are the “Cover type” options?
What Relationships are allowed for the cover?
What are the age limits?
Age definition: Age on Last birthday
Minimum entry age: 18 years (Adult) Maximum entry age: 70 Years (Adult) Exit age: Lifelong
Children above the age of 91 days can also be covered
What are the Sum Insured options?
Options available are either Rs. 2 Lacs OR Rs 5 Lacs
Tenure of the Policy?
The tenure of the policy is one year.
Is any pre-policy Medical check-up required?
No medical check-up is required. Proposed has to give a self-declaration only
What is the Claims Payout process?
Cashless (Within Network)/Re-imbursement for non-network hospitals
Who does the Claims servicing?
The insurance company, i.e. RHIL does the same In-House
What is the self-declaration?
Insured member availing this insurance cover should give his/her consent on the declaration which says that:
The proposed insured member had not travelled internationally anytime within last 4 weeks and has not been diagnosed, nor suspected nor having any symptoms of COVID-19
What are the sub-limits pertaining to room rent
Normal Room-Single AC Room/Isolation Ward (If Recommended by a qualified medical practitioner)
ICU Room- No Limit
What is the waiting period before the policy comes into force?
Initial- 15 days
• The following expenses are covered:
• Room, boarding, nursing and Operation theatre expenses as charged by the Hospital where the Insured Member availed medical treatment • Intensive Care Unit (ICU) charges • Fees charged by surgeon, anaesthetist, Medical Practitioner • Anaesthesia, blood, oxygen, surgical consumables, medicines and drugs, diagnostic materials and X-ray, dialysis, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, cost of pacemaker, joint replacement, etc.
Waiting Periods & Exclusions 15-day waiting period
The insurer is not liable for medical expenses towards making any claim for the above mentioned benefits that began within 15 days of the commencement of the policy
Claims will not be admissible if insured travels to countries where travel has been restricted under the Travel Advisory of MoHFW, after issuance of such advisory
Quarantine at home or any treatment in any non-recognized medical institution for treating Corona virus is not covered